Call Today: 631-567-6555       COVID-19 P&P

What is CDPAP?

CDPAS/CDPAP (Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services/Program)

CDPAS – Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services, also commonly known as CDPAP – Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, are the same program. CDPAS/CDPAP is an alternative to traditional home care. It is a Medicaid program that enables self directing individuals or their administrators, to assume the responsibilities of their own care. CDPAS/CDPAP helps promote independence and Consumer Empowerment.

Consumers will recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, and (if needed) dismiss their personal assistants.
Consumers may hire as many personal assistants as needed to accommodate their life styles, authorized hours, and individual needs.
Consumers will be able to distribute paychecks to their personal assistants on a weekly basis.
If you are interested in becoming a CDPAS/CDPAP, download an application


CDPAS/CDPAP Application


Download this form for tips on recruiting and interviewing a potential Personal Assistant: Recruiting & Interviewing Tips

Read More about CDPAS/CDPAP on the New York State Health website

How do I Become a CDPAP Consumer?

If you are a Medicaid recipient approved for home care and you are self directing, or have a person who is willing and able to be your administrator, call your local Department of Social Services to request enrollment in the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP). Once you have been approved for CDPAP, you can begin the process of hiring your personal assistant. South Shore Home Health Services can guide you. CDPAP allows you to hire friends or even some family members to assist you with your care. Ask our CDPAP specialist for details.

Why Should I Choose South Shore Home Health Services, Inc. to be my Fiscal Intermediary for CDPAP?

South Shore Home Health Services, Inc. is has been a New York State Fiscal Intermediary of choice since CDPAP was first offered as a pilot program in 1999. We are committed to assisting each consumer in achieving his/her goal, while encouraging independence.

South Shore Home Health Services, Inc. has experience in all different aspects of home care and our healthcare team is friendly, knowledgeable and looking forward to helping you with the CDPAP process.

What Does My Personal Assistant (PA) Need to Begin Working For Me?

Your PA will need a physical within the past year, proof of immunizations, a PPD, health assessment, and your PA must be able to legally work in the United States. Applications with all current information and requirements can be sent upon request.

What Benefits are Available to My Personal Assistant?
  • A competitive salary
  • Medical benefits
  • Accrued time off
  • 401k retirement savings

What Kind of Help Do You Need at Home?

By filling out this simple form and submitting it to us, we can help you determine what kind of home care assistance you may need.